Here are answers to our frequently asked questions, however if you don’t see the answer you’re looking for or you’d like to book your place use the form on the contact page.
Why study at Pout Academy and why is it different from other schools?Our directors are award winning make-up artists who are passionate about accredited training. Unlike other make-up schools, we offer certified makeup artistry training.Do you have to be a certain age to complete the courses?
– For our professional make-up artistry courses, students should be 18 years and over.
– For our non-professional make-up artistry courses, students can be 13 years and over (all students must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years old). Do you need any previous experience or qualifications?
– For our professional beginner courses, you do not require any experience or qualifications.
– For our intermediate to advanced courses, you must have either successfully completed a previous Pout course or have relevant qualifications to show your experience.
– For non-professional courses, no previous experience is required.
Do you take international students?Yes we welcome international students. Do you provide accommodation?No however we can provide a list of accommodation nearby to our training facilities. What areas of make-up will Pout courses allow you to work in?Fashion, Beauty, Catwalk and Bridal.What qualifications will you receive after taking a Pout course?On successful completion of your course, you will receive a Pout Make-Up Academy certificate. As we are an accredited school, you will also be able to obtain the appropriate insurance after qualifying.What help do you offer to students in developing their portfolio and CV?Students who have completed the Eight Day Pro Bridal Intensive Course will have the opportunity to experience a professional photoshoot showcasing your work and development.
After qualifying, all students will be able to join our Pout Make-up Academy Facebook Group where you will receive ongoing tutorial support, advice and encouragement.Do you assist graduates once they have left the course?As above, we encourage successful graduates to join our Facebook group.
In some instance students may have the opportunity to work alongside the Pout Directors assisting on photographic assignments etc.
Does the Pout Academy have other branches worldwide?No.What do you provide on the courses?TBCHow do you go about registering for a course?All students must complete the online enquiry form, an enrolment form will then be sent out to you.When do you pay the fees?Fees are due upon enrolment of the chosen course. Bank transfers or credit cards are accepted.Are student loans available?No these are not available.How many students are in each class?
– Maximum of 20 students for professional courses
– Non-professional courses range from four to ten students for half day courses and up-to 20 students for masterclasses
What are the class times?
– Professional courses – 10 to 6pm
– Non-professional courses – 9 to 1pm
What brands do you use on your courses?Key brands used by Pout Make-Up Academy include some of the following:
Makeup Atelier Paris, MAC Cosmetics, Bobbie Brown, Viseart, Zoeva, Urban Decay, Algar, Kiko, NARS, Charlotte Tilbury, Caudalie and Bio Derma.